Saturday, April 28, 2012

Serrat Yarra Valley Close Planted Pinot Noir 2010

It’s good. It’s nice. I did like it. I didn’t love it though. While on a constitutional a couple of weeks ago down Lygon Street, I popped in to Blackheart & Sparrows to see Adam behind the counter. We got chatting about vintage and wine, something I wanted to purchase, and Adam said I gotta try the Serrat Yarra Valley Close Planted Pinot Noir 2010, Tom Carson’s side project in the Valley. So I did.

Like I said, I didn’t love it, but I do like it. Piny-purple in the glass, the aroma throws up some crushed strawberries followed by tart cranberry. The palate again has a big whack of tart red fruit and a great finish of soy – really big; not big alcohol but big flavour. All in all, I’d have it again.

Drink with braised pork shoulder
Drink till 2015
90
Screwcap 13.5%v/v $40ish from Blackheart & Sparrows, Brunswick

No comments:

Post a Comment